Monday, September 17, 2012

Two of a Kind / Garment District Layout

Besties-two of a kind girlfriends since second grade my daughter Olivia and her best friend Mikaela. Who both are now miles apart in colleges but are so close in heart. I knew when I saw this picture that I had to use the new Garment District Printables by Marion Smith.
The printables are 8.5 x 11 (with a 1/4 boarder making them slightly smaller) perfect for creating a 12x12 layout with layering. To save on the paper I stacked three of my fav's on top of each other marked where to trim out (cut a good size square of paper out of the middle-to save for another project) scraps work great for cards or tags.
12 x12 card stock base I used a script stamp, inked edges and brushed on white paint randomly to help fill in the edges.
I used the Tim Holtz Alterations Distressed Doily die to make a frame around the photo. What girl doesn't want a shabby chic dress form to dress up the layout!
Then I fussy cut out the roses from another sheet to help bring out the roses on the base paper. Added some Prima flowers and embellishments with tulle and peals.
Loved the two ladies that comes in the Add-ons a journal spot just fussy cut them out and tucked them in around the photo.
little tip-see the ruler under the dress form (that is from one of the pages I cut a strip off, snipped it to desired length inked the edges and popped up to give depth. so cute...

Tip of the day-don't let the size of the printable discourage you for doing 12 x 12 layouts or anything you desire to create-look at it, rethink it, arrange it before you glue down. You will create your very own master piece!!

Happy Scrappin-Peggy Lee


Supplies:
Garment District Printables
Bazill card stock
Tim Holtz Alterations Distressed Doily Die, Dress form Die, Distress Inks ( pumice stone, brushed corduroy and walnut stain) and Adirondack Acrylic Paint (snow-cap)
Prima flowers (star spray-cut apart, Innoscence collection)
CTMH stamp (script background)
Ranger Archival Ink (black)
olde book text paper
trims, lace, tulle, pearls and gems
Adhesive-Helmar 450, 3D dots
   

5 comments:

  1. Ooooo. Peggy, loving that picture is super cute and I'm loving the dress form. Tim Holtz too, right? I don't have that die but I might add it to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thanks Angela yes Tim Holtz die (can't remember the exact name of the die might be sewing room) the die comes with a dress form, spool, buttons...it's a must have.

      Delete
  2. Great pic and layout. I love how you used multiple layers to make the 8.5 x 11 papers work with a 12x12 layout. TFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks Tonya I know it took me a bit, rethinking saying to myself I want to create a 12x12 so after playing around with the papers...it came to me (then I was like but I don't want to waste the whole page-cut out L-shapes and glued all three together)!!

      Delete
  3. Love your layout! You always make the prettiest dress forms. TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover