Friday, September 28, 2012

You Make Me Smile - Garment District

Seriously this is one of my favorite printables by Marion Smith Designs.  The Garment district paper is just awesome and so versatile.  I shared with you guys a mini album, and layout.  Today I want to share with you a card I made from the scraps from both the Mini and the layout. 

 
 
I sewed some of the smaller scraps together to create the background, and then proceeded to layer a few of the other journal cards, ephemera, and scraps together to form the focal point of the card. I used a spell binder's label die to showcase the sentiment. Then added some sprigs of flower pieces from a left over Prima vine.  The tiny roses are one of my all time favorite Prima flowers, and they are awesome for cards because of their size.
 
It is so fun using my scraps up, and creating such a wonderful piece.  The tiniest of pieces can be used as banners, or peeking from a layer.
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card miss Tonya, so love the layers!!! the stitching is over the top perfect fit....thanks for sharing.

    Peggy Lee
    AA-sista

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover