Good morning to all, it's a cloudy day here in New England with the temps reaching a low 30 degrees last night. It's a bit chilly this morning while having my hot cup of coffee curled up in a blanket. I just couldn't take my eyes off this little beauty, created out of Marion Smith's new printable kit "Garment District" which you can purchase over on her website at www.marionsmithdesigns.com. It's a lovely 8.5x11 prints that you can use in so many ways: cards, scrapbooking layouts, journals, wedding album, tags, altered art and so much more.
Here is how I started:
1. Printing all the digital pages out and start cutting,
2. Card base is white card stock cut down to 4 1/4 x 6.
3. First layer-cut down one of the printables to 4x5 3/4, and I ran that piece through the cuddle bug with a Tim Holtz embossing folder. Brushed distress ink pumice stone over the raised areas.
4. Cut a paper doilie (1/4 off) place over that embossing layer, (tip-don't glue down the top doilies that is showing-only the back side).
5. Created a small tag by tracing on a journal line printable, inked edges added some twine and button. Slide the tag under the Dollie.
6. Fussy cut out the roses from a printable sheet pop dotted it up to give some depth, punched out some tiny butterflies and adorned with little pretties trims/lace/mother of pearl buttons/gems. (every card needs some bling!)
7. Last used a tiny chipboard tag covered with some scraps from the first layer, stamped the word "Congrats" This will make a great wedding card, graduating card, or skies the limits.
I just love the rustic chic feel of these printables!!
Here is a link to this amazing kit!
I am so excited to see what you all will create with this fabulous, pretty kit! Please be sure to share with us on our facebook page "Artsy Addicts".