Friday, March 21, 2014

Sun Kiss Cards by Tonya Gibbs

Happy Friday everyone, I hope you are set for a super fab crafty weekend.  I am still on a card making mission.  Today I wanted to share with you another card sketch, and two versions of the same sketch.  
 
 
Confessions of a Paper Addict -  Prima's Sun Kiss collection was one of my all time favorites, and I bought several 6x6 pads.  I was planning to fussy cut and die cut one pad, and then create with the second.  Truth is, I ended up hoarding them both!   So I reached into my sketch arsenal and went to work.
  

 
 
Here is the first version of my card.  
 
Tip: The doily behind the butterfly was cut from the paper, I flipped it upside down and used the white side on my card!)  This is a great way to use up unwanted patterns.
 
I decided to recreate the same card, but rotate the orientation for the second version.  I didn't want to cover up the smaller butterflies on the right, so  I also changed up the location of the sentiment.    
 
 
 
 
I hope I've given you a few things to think about when using up those extra 6x6 pads.  If you decided to use my sketch, please share it with me on the Artsy Addicts Facebook Page.
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow girl I love your cards and yes I am going to play along with this adorable sketch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that card is gorgeous and just love that sketch, might have to give that try myself. What a great tip, it's duh why didn't I think of that it totally makes sense :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover