Friday, March 14, 2014

Hello Card Tutorial by Tonya Gibbs

Happy Friday my crafty peeps,  I hope you have an exciting weekend planned. Last summer the Teresa Collins Memorabilia line was one of the hottest selling Artsy Addicts kits. I still had a few pieces left over, and wanted to finish off the kit.

  First I came up with a design, and decided to share my sketch with you guys...
My challenge was to have 95% of the card come from the kit and the other 5% from the scrap pile.  NOTHING NEW WAS USED TO MAKE THIS CARD.
Here is a process video of me making the card..

This design is super clean and simple, and will easily transfer to some other collections that I own.  
DESTASH TIP:  If  you have a lot of left overs from kits, make a stack of cards using the same sketch design. Then wrap them up and give to a friend as a gift.   I usually place a pop square on the back of a stack of sentiments. This way my friend can choose the appropriate sentiment when she is ready to mail the card.  I recommend keeping the designs flat (no bulky flowers) since the friend will most likely mail the cards.  My friends love gift sets like this, and it is a great way to de-stash a kit!   Another option is to give them to your church to mail for outreach!
Thanks for stopping in today,
Tonya Gibbs
  • Ranger Ink - Embossing Powder - Super Fine Detail - Clear
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink Pads - Embossing Ink Clear
  • Teresa Collins - Memorabilia Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Quatrefoil
  • Teresa Collins - Memorabilia Collection - 6 x 6 Paper Pad
  • Teresa Collins - Memorabilia Collection - 12 x 12 Die Cut Paper
  • Teresa Collins - Memorabilia Collection - Enamel Dots
  • Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Alterations Collection - Movers and Shapers Die - Vintage Telephone and Typewriter Set
  • Baker's Twine
  • Cardstock


  1. Tonya I just love this card and the tutorial awesome thanks for all you do.

  2. Great Card Tonya! Love the idea of giving them as a gift with the sentiments ready for their choosing.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover