Friday, March 7, 2014

Watercolor Card by Tonya Gibbs

 
Hi everyone, today I have a simple little card to share. I decided to create my own background using various Tattered Angels sprays.   I thought it gave an impressionistic effect.  
 
 
 
To create the background I removed the nozzle from the sprays and splattered them all around the page.  Then  I took a paper napkin to dab up the extra. I used a soft lavender colored cardstock as my base to give a nice soft base to the splatters.  
 
I love the effect of the watercolor background. The Flowers were cut from the Tattered Flower Garland Decorative strip die.  I then painted them all with the Tutti Fruity Glimmer Mist.  This was such a fun card to make. 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
Tonya Gibbs
 
Resources:
  • American Crafts - Ribbon Value Pack - Jute - 24 Spools
  • FabScraps - Pearls - Bling - Cream
  • Martha Stewart Crafts - Punch Around the Page - Craft Punch Set - Swirling Lace
  • Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Alterations Collection - Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Tattered Flower Garland
  • Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist Spray - 2 Ounce Bottle - Honey Dew Mist
  • Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist Spray - Limited Edition - 2 Ounce Bottle - Peppermint Stick
  • Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist Spray - 2 Ounce Bottle - SWAK
  • Tattered Angels - Glimmer Mist Spray - 2 Ounce Bottle - Cherub Pink,
 

2 comments:

  1. Wow!!! As always, your creations move me. You really have a special way with paper. Love love LOVE this card!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover