Monday, March 18, 2013

Vintage Telegram Card


I have been playing with Marion's new Vintage Telegram printables and wow they are so fun and beautiful designs to create with. So last night I wasn't in a creative mood (tired or creative block) I had started to create a card wasn't feeling it tossed it aside to revisit at another time. Have you ever done that? I have to many times...hehe
I was ready to give up then I grabbed my folder of the printables and while I was flipping through the folder the black and white prints just jumped out at me. About 1 hour later whooola this little gem of a card was born, and I love it so not my colors (yes no pink)!!
Card size is 4 1/4 x 6
Distressed all the edges of papers and inked in black soot distress ink.
Used Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix dies (Distressed Doily and Gadget Gears).
Tissue tape from Prima Romance Novel line, gave a great boarder look to the edge of doily cutout.
I used Melt Art Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel in Platinum
to the gears to give depth and texture to the card.
Steps:
1. die cut out gears with chipboard
2. paint the chipboard gears black
3. press the chipboard gear pieces into VersaMark Ink
4. shake on embossing enamel  and heat set.
5. to take shinny finish away-I used sand paper to rough the enamel up...

Close up of flowers ohhh I love how the Graphite glimmer mist just shines!
It's cool how you can still see some of the before color peaking out in places.
Grab you glimmer and mist away!
I didn't have any black flowers so I went digging into my box of flowers and said perfect time to play with some Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist
 Raven black and Graphite colors!!

Thanks for stopping by today,
Peggy Lee

Supplies:
Vintage Telegram Printables
Kraft Card stock Base
Prima: Romance Novel Tissue tape, roses
Tattered Angels: Raven, Graphite glimmer mist
Tim Holtz Alterations Sizzix dies: Gadget Gears, Distressed Doily
Distressed ink: Black Soot
Seam Binding

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover