Friday, March 22, 2013

Create Yourself Canvas

A few months ago I shared with you the Turquoise Precious Stone Paint System from Tattered Angels.  I absolutely love this system so much that I've been through 2 kits now.  I recently got Marion Smith's Leak Shed Studios Butterfly mini album and decided a canvas was going to be born with these two products! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I started with the Turquoise Precious Stone kit on the canvas, added some script stamping, and darkened the edges with black archival ink. I wanted the butterfly to resemble a garden decoration tarnished and crackled from the sun. So I covered it with Naturally Aged Fine Wood Paint System in White Washed Pine. However, I used more of the brown tones in the kit, and splotches of the white. For a patina effect I added some of the turquoise from the stone kit. When it was dry, I topped it off with Rock Candy Crackle.  I bent the butterfly in half so it would appear to be flying.
 
 
 
I flanked flowers around the base of the butterfly and started tucking in pieces of metal and  wood to give the piece interest. Eighty percent of these pieces were designed by Marion Smith. I wanted to keep with her products as much as possible, since she has been such a huge inspiration to me, and has encouraged my growth. 
 
 
I also added these cute mini butterflies that were made with the Stampendous Frantage mica pieces, and a Martha Stewart punch. 
 
The Tim Holtz plaque at the bottom says "Life is about creating yourself."  I thought this was perfect since I'm going through some changes and the butterfly's entire life is about creating itself.   
 

 
I love how the wings of the butterfly and the vine formed a heart. This wasn't planned, but a nice surprise since everything on this canvas is something that I LOVE down to the Designer of the Products used! 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning! Gorgeous colors and Awesome butterfly! Love all the details!!! :D WOW!!!

    ~Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pinned this on Pinterest too :)

    ~Vanessa W

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover