Friday, March 16, 2012

Planes Trains & Automobiles

This 4x4 mini of my nephew Cooper was designed using the digi downloads from Garett Smith Designs, available on apieceofcraft.com. His papers are designed to print as 8x8 layouts, and include 12 page designs 3 envelope designs and a journal insert design. The rich colors and distressed looks make it rugged and tough looking. I also love the vintage "transporation" icons of bicycles, trains, cars, and planes. These downloads are perfect for boys as well as travel journals. I love the size, and the elements are perfect for fussy cutting.

Here is a glimpse at the pages of my mini album:

On the cover I fussy cut some of the elements from the ads and popped them up to give the cover depth. I also included a stamped sentiment from the Lost & Found stamp set, and the Old Jalopy, arrow, and bookplate from Tim Holtz.


The pocket was die cut with Tim Holtz' on the edge ornate die, and the button is holding down the booklet that lifts to reveal the journaling.

On this page I printed the hot air balloon twice and then fussy cut the balloon, banner and basket and raised it off the page with pop dots. Cooper's image is inside the pocket and journaling is on the back of the photograph. The "Fun" banner was from the new My Mind's Eye FundDay stamp set.

I used the scraps to create a library style pocket to house some of the ads from the paper collection, journaling has been added to the back of the ads. Again the stamped images are from the My Mind's Eye Fun Day stamp set.


On this page, I reduced the size of the coin envelopes to 50% to make them the perfect size for Tim Holtz' Tiny Tags tag diecut. I also fussy cut around the image of Cooper in the race car to give this spread more interest.


This is a typical view of my living room when Cooper is over. I cut the words from one of the papers to create these banners. The journaling is on the back of the advertisement that is nested inside the pocket.

I had a great time working with these designs and I can't wait to make another project with them. I hope that Garett continues to design some fun masculine designs.

Here is a video walk through of the mini...


Thanks for stopping in today, I hope you have enjoyed this week's post.

Tonya Gibbs
http://www.psychomoms.com

11 comments:

  1. TONYA omw love love love your mini, Cooper is going to love it!!!
    Did you sew on the pages? I love the raw look to the pages....now I must go buy these...whooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looove it, you can also print these to 6x6 by changing your paper size in your printer settings to 6.5x6.5. Garett loves this BTW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool album, he's really gonna like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonya, this mini is soooo cute !!
    i love what you did w/the papers from Garett. i sooo need to get those pages now...i have a few ideas for it. I'm gonna try printing them as a 6x6 design.
    tfs

    ReplyDelete
  5. The tutorial is very helpful for a first timer like me, by the way if you could have given a tutorial on creating a free website, it would have been very helpful for newbies like me.
    Thank you
    car wrecker Adelaide
    car recycling Adelaide

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
    free car removal
    car removal Logan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.
    cash for cars brisbane
    cash for cars Ipswich

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, foг ones marvelous posting! I genuinely enjoyed reading it, you miggһt Ƅe a great author. I wiⅼl made certain to booҝmark your blog and ѡill often come back sometime soon. I want to encoᥙrage yourself to continue your great job, have a nice evening!
    skip bin hire brisbane
    aussie skip bins brisbane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great. One of the worth blog I’ve read in recent times. Truly worth reading. And I would love to read some more useful blogs form you for sure. Cash For Car. Again, awesome weblog! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharingNice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, Very good points you wrote here..Great stuff.. concrete bricks waste removal

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover