Friday, March 23, 2012

Cards & Journal Pages

While working on January & February's digi kit I had printed out some extra pages by mistake. So I wanted to share a few projects on how to use these pages for something other than the monthly journal.

Last year I was bitten BIG TIME by the "Smash" bug. I think I have bought all the accessories and all of the books created by K&Co. This is the Red Smash book and its theme is "all about me", so I decided to fill it with things that make me happy.

Journal Page

This man started making me happy in 1985. I love that we can be silly together after being together for 27 years. On Valentine's day my husband and I spotted a photo booth when we came out of a movie. I think they are perfect photos for "smashing". I used the beautiful rose motif lined notebook paper that was February Day 29's insert as my background paper. The side was punched with a border punch from Martha Stewart. For the photo mat, I used Day 14's insert.

Another challenge I have for this journal is to use one of my favorite stamps on every page in the journal. On this page I used the new Prima Songbird collection. The tickets are so small and perfect since one says "best friends" - and he truly is my best friend. The same stamp set has the birds (love them!). The bird's nest and Love stamp are both Inkadinkadoo.

Card

When gathering up my supplies, I spoted a torn hymnal page on my desk that said "sowing the precious seeds" which made it a perfect match for this extra sheet of the January Day 23 paper. I wanted this to have a rugged/distressed look so I used some paint on corrugated board for the background paper. I also dry brushed some of the paint onto the music paper and patterned journal pages. I dipped butterflies from 2 different Martha Stewart punches in melted UTEE to give them a glass finished.

Are you using Marion's downloads for something other than the Journal pages? If so share some of your projects on the Artsy Addicts Facebook page. Be sure to tag me in the post so that I don't miss it.

Thanks for stopping in today.

Tonya Gibbs
http://www.psychomoms.com

7 comments:

  1. Love the cover of your Smash book. Congratulations on a long and happy marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya so love your page, wow the card is awesome, love how you created it..thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic idea and I love how you used it for a card it is so pretty. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing this journal challenge too! Love your pages so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tonya, i love what you did w/the extra pages !!
    I've used a few of my extra prints as cards, and part of a bigger journal.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover