Saturday, June 15, 2013

Featured artist - Kimberly

I'm so honored to be asked to be a Featured Artist.  I've been a member of the Artsy Addicts group for almost a year and have been inspired by so many wonderfully talented people. 

Where to start?   I'm married to my jr high school sweetheart for 29 yrs. We have three amazing boys,  two beautiful daughters in-laws, a grandson and a granddaughter.  My family is my world! 


I've been crafting for six years.  I started out with a cricut then expanded myself from there.
I love to alter the unexpected. The things that people toss, I see as art!  Example is the Turkey Mesh bag used on the hot air balloon below.  One man's trash is definately my treasure!




 
 
I would consider myself a Grungy girl.   I love the vintage, and steampunk.  The dirtier the better!

If I had to pick one color out of the crayon box and say it was me,  I'd pick red, because I have a firecracker personality. I love to make others happy and engergized. If I were a scrappy embellishment I'd be a paper clip, because I tend to hold everything together for the people in my world.
 
Here are a few of my other projects I wanted to share with you today.




 
 
Talk about the unexpected.  The base of this steampunk dressform was created using mouse traps.






 
As you can see Halloween is one of my favorite holidays.  I think it is an excellent opportunity for me to show off my grungy techniques.



Thank you for asking me to be a featured artist. 
 

4 comments:

  1. WOW - gorgeous the hot air balloon and dressform are so inspiring. Thank you so much for sharing your talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...these are soooo great!! Amazing work!! Congrats for the featured artist spot at Artsy Addicts, I'm glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover