Friday, August 10, 2012

Stashed Treasures

I was involved in a conversation the other day in a group about buying supplies that are "MUST HAVES" that never get used.  Guilty as charged - I buy and I hoard.  But in the past few years I have issued myself a challenge to "USE" what I have and for every new item I must use something old -  either scraps or products in my stash doesn't matter - but something old for everything new.

So, after the conversation with the friend,  I decided to use what I had in my stash to create this 8x8 layout.  But I wanted to take it one step further and use a tool or stamp that I've never used that has been in my possession for at least a year or more.

NOTE: Part of my journaling is missing from the layout, because I'm mailing it to someone to add to a book, and I would like that to stay private.



So the Telephone is the thing I've had for years and never used it was a Sizzix Original Die that I bought on clearance for $2.00.  Had to HAVE IT - You hear me?   And have never ever used it.  I love how it looks with the Almanac paper from Prima. JUST Gorgeous.  I cut it from black chipboard then used UTEE to make it shiny.

Take a closer look at the handle to the phone  I fussy cute that element from the paper then fused it to the die cut with UTEE.  Love how it looks engraved.



You can really see all the layers in the close ups   I used papers from scraps, and papers from 6x6 pads that I've been hoarding.




My photo and journaling is hidden behind the telephone.  The phone is held closed with a magnet.



Do you have things in your stash that you "had to have" but have never used?   I challenge you to take those items out and use them on a project.  Share with me the project that you created on the Artsy Addicts blog.  I would love to see them. 

Thanks for stopping in today,

Tonya Gibbs

Resources: 
  • Prima: Almanac Paper 6x6, Reflections Paper: Shalimar, Fairy Belle Paper, Almanac - die cuts, Flowers, Distress Tool.
  • My Favorite Things:  Bracket Tab die
  • Tim Holtz: Ideaology - Number Plaques
  • Sizzix: Telephone #2 Original Die
  • Ranger: UTEE
  • Martha Stewart Leaf Punch
  • Twine, Rhinestones
  • Bazzil Black Card stock
  • Sewing Machine
  • Doilies
  • Recollections Washi Tape Silhouette Lady




1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover