Friday, November 22, 2013

This Makes Me Happy - Layout by Tonya Gibbs

Hi everyone, today I wanted to share with you a layout that I created of my newest niece and I.  I finally got to meet her this past weekend, and couldn't wait to add her sweet photo to my album.
 
 
My only photo was a small Instagram photo. To keep from over powering the small photos,  I wanted to keep the design simple, yet girly and elegant.    I reached deep into my stash for a few scraps, and some odd and ends products. 
 
 
Since the label on the right mentions "...moment with you"   I decided to frame a Prima Romance Novel Clock inside a Prima Resin Frame. Then flanked it with soft Prima Roses.  It still needed a little something so I went DEEP into the hoard vault and pulled out a Say It in Pearls spray and framed it around the flower cluster.   I wanted my journaling to blend into the layout, so I wrote it along the boarder with a pink pen from Zig.
 
Sometimes the simplest projects are really the most powerful.  I challenge you this week to make a layout with a small photo, and keep it simple.  Share your samples with me on Artsy Addicts Facebook page.
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 
Resources:    
  • Bazzill - Smooth white cardstock
  • Teresa Collins - Family Stories Collection - 12 x 12 Double Sided Paper - Numbers
  • Teresa Collins - Family Stories Collection - 12 x 12 Die Cut Paper
  • Teresa Collins - Family Stories Collection - Border Strips with Glitter Accents
  • Teresa Collins - Family Stories Collection - Sequins
  • Prima - Say It In Pearls Collection - Self Adhesive Jewel Art - Bling - Mini Flourish with Roses - Cream
  • Prima - Flower Embellishments - Conventry Serene
  • Prima - Romance Novel Collection - Wood Embellishments - Clocks and Tickets
  • Prima - Resin Collection - Ingvild Bolme - Resin Embellishments - Marvelle
  • Prima - Junk Yard Findings Collection - Ingvild Bolme - Trinkets - Metal Embellishments - Rusty Typo Zippers
  • American Crafts - Studio Calico - Snippets Collection - Wood Veneer Pieces - Chevron
  • American Crafts - Studio Calico - State Fair Collection - Wood Veneer Pieces - Hearts
  • Tattered Angels - Chalkboard Collection - Glimmer Mist Spray - 2 Ounce Bottle - Tutti Fruity


2 comments:

  1. You are so right! Sometimes less is more! Your layout is super beautiful and the picture is adorable and priceless!! Love it Tonya!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Tonya your layout is simply beautiful!!!!! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover