Friday, May 3, 2013

Tarnished Silver Tag

Last week I shared with you a card I created using the Tattered Angels' Naturally Aged Paint System Bare Metal Tarnished Silver.  Today I would like to share a second project that I created using the other pieces created in my sample video.


The background of the tag was embossed with a Cuttlebug - Clockworks embossing jacket after the card stock was dry. As you can see the card stock looks like embossed metal. Below is a sample of the dry paper before it was embossed and die cut into a tag. I really wanted you to see how much texture and shine these mediums give your projects.  Bonus - it is just card stock, not metal. This means it is light weight enough to be mailed, making it perfect for cards.  Also, it can be easily die cut, punched, embossed, or cut with your electronic cutters.

 
 I used the 7Gypsies Paddington Stamp with Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink to give the appearance of dripping oil.  Then I covered over those splotches with Glimmer Mist, Almost Black, to give a little shine to the oil.  The sentiment was created in Photoshop CS6 using the Bookman Old Style Font, and attached to the tag with a 7 Gypsies Mini Paper Clip - SIDE NOTE:  LOVE THESE NEED CASES OF THEM - they come in several different colors, and are so tiny and cute. 
I also cut a Sizzix Primitive Heart from chipboard after covering it with 7 Gypsies Paper tape from the Lille Collection. I love the contrast of the red against the sea of metallic colors. The heart was edged with a silver pigment ink pad from Color Box to make it looked finished. The 7 Gypsies Hardware - Industrial Gears were the perfect touch to bring my clockworks background to the foreground. I found a scrap of DCWV Tattered Time paper and was able to cut the clock face to add to the bottom.

As a reference here is the video I shared last week on how I created the background effect with the Tattered Angels Paint System.


I love how the finished tag came out. It would be perfect on the face of a masculine card, or as an embellishment on a scrapbook page.  Have you tried any of the Paint Systems yet?  If so, please post them on Facebook and be sure to tag me in the post.   I would love to see your creations.
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 
Resources: 
  •  Tattered Angels:
    • Naturally Aged Paint System Bare Metal Tarnished Silver
    • Almost Black Glimmer Mist
  • 7 Gypsies:
    • Hardware - Industrial Gears
    • Mini Paper Clip - Antique Brass
    • Paper Tape - Lille Collection
    • Paddington Stamp
  • Ranger/Tim Holtz:
    • Pumice Stone Distress Ink
    • Archival Ink Jet Black
    • Tiny Attacher
  • Sizzix
    • Primitive Heart Dies
    • Alterations - Tag & Tie  Die
  • Provo Craft: Clockworks  Embossing Jacket
  • DCWV: Tattered Time 4x6
  • Seam binding
  • Font:  Bookman Old Style Font
  • Photoshop CS6
  • Manila Card stock - Recycled File Folders

       
       
       

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover