Saturday, May 4, 2013

Featured Artist | Jessica Feliciano

Hi, my name is Jessica Feliciano, my small business name is Expressions By JMF, and this is my first blog ever!!

 

I don't even know where to begin, but here goes! I am a full-time Paralegal, a mother of 3 with 2 step-children, I started crafting in August of 2012, I was inspired by a trip to New Orleans…my husband and I walked past an art gallery and the artwork inside caught my attention…told him, "if they can do that and get it displayed, then so can I"…so I went to Michael's(after my trip of course) to buy materials to get started, but before I could even get to the back of the store, a display table with some paintings caught my eye…they were signing people up for Art classes at 50% off, I couldn't resist, so I signed up! After I got my supplies I went back up and saw that there was a jewelry table and classes available as well, I signed up for that too…and the rest is history!



 

I started mixed media shortly thereafter, I looked up how-to videos on YouTube and even made a few videos of my own. Everything started off as a hobby but now have turned into a small business adventure. I would love to be able to teach classes on all three of my crafts some day in the future. I am a self-taught artist and If I can learn and do, anyone else can too!




I am happy to be given this opportunity with Artsy Addicts…to be able to share my talent with you all. I hope for many other opportunities in the near future!

 

 

 

 


 

9 comments:

  1. Such awesome creations!! and so glad we can partake of all your beautiful creativity! Thank you for all the inspiration! Happy Scrapbooking Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on being featured and why not your creations are amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your feature - Your work is outstanding and so inspiring thank you so much for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...