Friday, October 5, 2012

All Boy!

My nephew Cooper, at 4 years old, was wanting to go hunting with the big boys.  So Brighton, my Son, dressed him in Camo (way too big for him), painted his face, and gave him a BB Gun (with no amo).  He was so stink'n adorable, I had to take pictures of him.


Prima's Sept. BAP contest seemed like the perfect opportunity to scrap this photo.   Here is the final layout that I created.


 
I started with the Prima Script paper as my base, added some molding paste with a Prima Printery mask, then went to town spritzing with copper and bronze shimmering sprays.  I pounced some forest green shimmers in a diagonal across the page to give a hint of green, then finished off with Wheat Fields Glimmer mist.  All these colors remind me of my camo boys in the middle of fall.
 
The Prima Shabby Chic Deer resin was the perfect accent for this layout.  I framed Cooper's picture with corrugated cardboard, a Prima vine, and  Prima large leaves that I cut into palm frown shapes.  I finished off the title with a Nature's Garden Chipboard piece.  
 
Under his picture I tucked in a toy compass that came from a toy machine that Cooper and I had gotten after dinner one night.  I love the addition of one of his toys in the layout. 
 
Here is a look at the Sept. BAP Sketch, designed by Hege Lundquist that was required for the layout design.   For more information on Prima's BAP (Build A Page) Monthly Contests, please visit Prima's blog.
 
 
 
I love how masculine this layout turned out with all Prima products. Prima makes girl layouts a cinch, but I really had to dig into my creative side to achieve this masculine look. I really enjoyed the challenge.
 
Did you participate in the Sept. BAP Challenge?  If so, I would love to see your layout, please tag me in the photo on the Artsy Addicts Facebook page. 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Tonya this is simply amazing....love all the details...cooper looks so into the part...lol love the little dear too.

    hugs, Peggy Lee

    ? Is the butterfly an added embellishment? It's really cool looking like it's faded into the background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonya this layout rocks!!!! love all hte misting and mixed media feel! you are such an incredible talent!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover