Thursday, October 25, 2012

Project Life | Inspiration & Freebie




I've been obsessed with all things Project Life  lately. Honestly I've been amassing a huge collection of journaling cards, page protectors, binders, and the like. You know......preparation.

And with all that preparation I've been readying my album, organizing my plastics, and  getting embellishments sorted and selected.

After hoarding collecting for the past few months, I've finally started printing photos. The everyday little moments of life that we cherish for a few minutes then forget and move on to the next task of the day.

With Project Life I get to revel in those moments, examine them, dwell in the still moments of life, preserve the memory, and capture it in my mind, in my heart, and in my Project Life album.

That's what I love about it. It challenges me to slow down and really be present....Show up in my life in an intentional way.

Shimelle Lain posted this video last year detailing her inspiration and a little bit about her life of scrapbooking everyday. I was so inspired. With this hobby that I love I definitely want to scrapbook everyday but I don't always get the chance. With the little pockets of memories in the Project Life system it gives me that opportunity to do a little crafting every day if I wish.



And with my love of crafting I want to share a bunch of freebies with you. The Project Life community is huge (do a Pinterest search for Project Life to really see what I mean) and there are many many fantastic digital designers creating awesome things to incorporate into the memory keeping system. The great thing about that is you can use these thing for anything. They are great for quick and easy cards, adding embellishments to scrapbook pages and mini-albums. The best part is that they're free.

Have fun downloading all of these freebies. They are all stored in my Dropbox folder waiting to be printed and prepared. So much fun!!!

















Pictures should be linked directly to the post where you can download them. Enjoy.

Here is my very first Project Life spread. It chronicles my trip to San Antonio with my in-laws.



It was so so easy to put all this together, just working in the little spaces of the 3x4 and 4x6 spaces. It took me a few days to jazz it all up like I wanted it but it was oh so much fun filling the pockets up with memories and mementos.

Simple Stories just release a new memory keeping system called  SN@P Studio that is very similar to Project Life except it's on a smaller scale.  All of these products just hit stores.

Whatever system you choose to preserve memories, keep on doing it. The experience of creating and the joy of having those memories to share for years  is so worth it.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great week.

Angela


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover