Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Nov. Bap Challenge Layout

I'm having a lot of fun following along with the Prima BAP challenges.  I was too busy in October to participate, so I decided to tackle this one early on.

I created this layout using the Prima Tea Thyme -  Linsey paper. 

 
Layers and Layers of Prima goodness are all over the layout.  I started by cutting a whole in the center of the paper, rolling it back then placing one of the journaling frames on top of the rolled paper.  I backed the hole with a piece of scrap Almanac paper.  I cut a strip of hexagons from a My Favorite Things Hexagon die and used it as a stencil for the the gesso.  This helped to tone down the busy pattern of the paper. I then cut more the hexagons from the richer brown Marcella paper in the same collection.   The Prima journal cards helped to call attention to the small photo and draw your eye back to the center of the layout.

 
 


 
 
For more information on the Prima BAP contest, please visit their blog.    Here is a picture of the sketch created by Steph Devlin.
 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 
Resources:
  • Prima:   Tea Thyme Paper:  Linsey, Challis and Marcella,  Journal Cards 2
  • Prima:  Almanac Paper: Composition and Libre
  • Prima Distress Tool
  • Prima: Soubrette A white flowers
  • Prima: Valentine Vine White
  • Prima: Cotton Tape
  • Prima: La Coeur Resin Frame
  • Prima: Tea Thyme Trinkets
  • Prima: Nature's Garden Wooden Ticket
  • My Favorite Things Stamps:  Hexagon Die
  • Tattered Angels: Glimmer Mist: Honey Dew Mist
  • White Gesso
  • Cherry Lynn Designs: Doily Die Cut Sophia's Heart


1 comment:

  1. wow so love this tonya, it's so beautiful...I need to play with one of Prima's sketches. thanks for sharing.

    Peggy Lee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover