Sunday, April 29, 2012

Simple Sunday Card | Picnic Time

For today's Simple Sunday Card I re-made a card I'd made years ago.


This card only includes two stamps, some simple inking with multiple inks and a little border strip. Photo corners, and a few blossoms finish things off nicely.

What I like about this card is the texture that the stamp gives. It's not a perfect impression and the stamp is designed to be distressed. By inking up this type of stamps in multiple colors you automatically get grunge and soft color mixed together. Super simple. And the photo corners give it a nice polished look which is in contrast to the stamp.

I don't usually gravitate toward flowers on my projects unless their stamped but when I found these blossoms in my stash I knew I wanted them on this card. They seem so fitting for a picnic card. A picnic without flowers just isn't a picnic....right?!

Supplies:

Cardstock - PTI New Leaf, Vintage Cream, Kraft, Blueberry Sky Patterned Paper: MME?, Ink: Broken China, Spiced Marmalade, Peeled Paint Distress Inks, Border Punch: Fiskars, Misc: Blooms from my stash,

1 comment:

  1. Angee girl I just love this card...love the stamp you used...flowers just pop...love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover