Thursday, November 10, 2011

Grunge Canvas

I took these photos of my son a few weeks ago for football, and I wanted to use them in a scrapboooking project. However, I didn't want "typical" football imagery. I felt that was too 'generic'.




The images make a statement on their own, so I wanted them to be center stage. I decided instead of a traditional scrapbook page, I wanted to make a wall canvas.



His school colors are royal blue and red, these colors inspired the color of the canvas. I added some dictionary pages for words like Athlete, Jock, Boy, and sports. Then painted over them lightly with the royal so they are there, but not completely in focus.



I used a transparency from Creative Imaginations and cut it into two parts. I didn't want clean lines, so I distressed the edges and then used my heat tool to melt the plastic and give the transparency a more warped and tattered look. I painted in the saying on the canvas with red marker. It says "stop searching and create yourself." I feel at 15 years old that is what he is doing, "creating" himself.

I also used a screen to represent the grid iron. The screen was painted black so it would also fall into the background, then I curled the edges up to give more dimension and to hide the sharp edges.



His name is made with letter block grunge board from Tim Holtz. Each letter is sitting at a different height, so that there is more dimension.

I hope you enjoyed this share. Thanks for stopping in today,
Tonya Gibbs
http://www.psychomoms.com

4 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover