Monday, October 7, 2013

The Christmas Box

Good morning everyone it's Peggy Lee here to share with you a little Christmas Box that I altered a bit ago. I found this cute little wooden box at a thrift store for only pennies.
I knew I wanted to alter it as a little gift giving box for the holidays.
This would be such adorable gift box filled with pretty little ear rings, necklace or even chocolates.
Tutorial
Wooden box
I sanded down the wooden box and covered it with gesso.
Painted the edges with Silks Acrylic Glaze in Emperor's Gold.
Paper I used was KaiserCraft Turtle Dove.
Using a Prima mask (damask) design and stucco/gesso mixture
laid it down over the whole box.
I have boxes of those glittered snowflakes that you can get at
your local Walmart Store/Dollar Stores.
Stacked up to create a tree...
glitter snowflake-button-glitter snowflake
repeat until desired height.
Decorate as desired...I used this angel chipboard piece
from the KaiserCraft Turtle Dove Collection.
Added some Melissa Frances shabby chic frames,
cheese clothe,
string of pearls,
and my favorite little touches of
vintage mother of pearl buttons.
Decorate the inside as well and pretty place
to hold a little gift to share.

Thanks for stopping by today,
hugs,
Peggy Lee

supplies:
wooden box
KaiserCraft papers and chipboard pieces
Melissa Frances frames
Prima damask mask
stucco/gesso
Silks Glaze in Emperor's Gold
cheese clothe
string of pearls
vintage mother of pearl buttons
glitter snowflakes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover