Monday, April 15, 2013

Mixed Media Monday

I got to have some creative play this week with a friend and knew I wanted to create a mixed media canvas for someone special. That is why there is no title on this art piece yet (I will post after I have mailed this art piece out)! This was a lot of fun to create...
It all started with a plan 6x6 canvas, I glued down some wrinkled natural tissue paper.
I forgot to snap a photo of me trying out my new find which was Martha Stewart Stucco Paint where I used Crafters Workshop stencils with Splash of Color Primary Elements: Majestic Blue-Costa Rica and Dragon Wing powders those are so cool to mixed with molding paste or stucco like I used.
I used my favorite Tim Holtz Sizzix die: Tattered Floral which I cut with Coraline fabric with some of my favorite Tattered Angels glimmer mist. I just love how the Coraline will hold it's shape while being dried. I also used some Petaloo flowers that came in white.
I used some Dusty Attic chipboard pieces, which I cut apart and gesso them with spraying glimmer mist to give a weathered look.
These are Tim Holtz Sizzix die: Gears gesso-glimmer misted!!!
I just love how they came out.
Here is a close up of the handmade flowers with a Prima flower.
The next sets of photos show case the textures of adding layers of:
gesso, stucco, glimmer mist and stamping.
the fibers are cheese cloth covered in glimmer mists....
oops-I was being lazy and used my hand to clean my stamp...lol
and whoola my finished canvas (only needs a title) and will be complete and I hope my friend that someone special will enjoy it.

Don't be afraid of mixed media grab a few supplies and just start playing, it's all about the layers...enjoy!!
Thanks for stopping in today, remember to leave a comment!!
Peggy Lee

Supplies:
Splash of Color: Primary Elements
Martha Stewart: Stucco paint
Gesso
Ranger: Archival Black ink, stamps and Claudine Hellmuth Multi-Medium Matte
and Perfect Pearl Mist: Heirloom Gold, Blue Patina and Sunflower Sparkle and handmade distressed mixture of vintage photo and brushed corduroy.
and Tim Holtz Alternations Dies: Gears and Tattered Florals
Prima: flower
Petaloo: white flowers
Tattered Angels: Glimmer Mist
Turqouise Blue
Graphite
Aquamarine
Coffee shop
Melissa Frances: resin lock
Coraline
gems, cheese clothe
Dusty Attic: chipboard pieces


3 comments:

  1. OUTSTANDING! I love the details, and those are my favorite color! Your friend is going to love having this, what a special keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRL.....just love seeing the finished product.....It's GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Awesome creation! Colors, textures just yummy! Love this!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover