Friday, April 5, 2013

Easter Layout

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter celebration last weekend.  Today I wanted to share with you a layout I created using a photo of my niece and nephew taken at Easter a few years ago.   Each year our family hosts a HUGE Easter picnic.  I love seeing all of the kids dressed in their new Easter clothes. I take advantage of this moment to capture a picture of them each year. It is fun to look back and see how much they have grown.
 


I wanted to create a whimsical layout that showed hidden eggs, so I used the banner from the Sampler paper to form a make-make shift basket to hold my eggs.  I trimmed the bunnies and eggs from the Sampler pack then nestled them in the grass.  I used the clothespins to anchor the banner to the layout. Pom Pom trim was added to the bunnies to give them a tail.  I traced around some of the patterns on the eggs with a Geli Roll - Stardust pen to give them a little sparkly.





To create a pocket for my journaling, I decided to use one of the Canvas Corp ATC Envelopes to make a pocket.  I sealed the Envelope then cut a piece off the edge to make it a portrait opening. Then decorated around the opening with a piece of scrap paper, twine and another diecut from the sample sheet.  The journaling is on one of the ATC cards that matches the envelope.  The envelope will also give me space to include additional photos. 


I used one of the border strips from the sampler pack to create little flags and attached them to corsage pins. I love how they seem like little signs.
 
Supplies:

Canvas Corp Products: Mini clothes pin in hot pink, ATC Cards - Ivory,  Easter Sampler - Ivory, Jute Cord, ATC Envelope - Ivory, burlap sheet, Mini blue Polka Dots paper, Kraft Card stock.
Other:  Easter Grass, Pom Pom fringe, Geli Roll pen - stardust, stick pins, flat back pearls, EK Success Mini Egg Punch, Martha Stewart border punch, Tim Holtz distress tool.


Thanks for stopping in today,

Tonya Gibbs


2 comments:

  1. Tonya girl this layout is the sweetest thing I have ever seen...love the little bunnies and eggs!!!

    hugs, Peggy Lee

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover