Monday, April 30, 2012

Beautiful Mini Book

Here is my  Primrose Mini Book that I had the pleasure to create with this beauty...this little mini is full of simple pleasures and vintage flare. I love this mini so much that it's perfect for a Mother's Day gift for my special mom and mother-in-law. I can see this sitting on their nightstand with a crocheted doily and a pen to jot down their little thoughts of their day.

 Simply print out and cut away! I used chip board, brown paper with Distress Stain-Walnut ink and used multi-medium gel over the covers to give a leather feel. Adorn this little beauty with a wonderful find at a antique store this pretty lace trim. My binding is from Marion Smith's binding technique from her Journey Book. (special video for binding when you purchase the Journey Book).
 Printed my digital pages on white card stock, added some extra pages with the same card stock dyed with Vintage Photo reinker, water, perfect pearl powder mixture. Used my distressed edger on all the papers to give a worn look.

 Then comes the favorite part "embellishing" who wouldn't love it-added some vintage items I had in my stash, twine, little charms and Prima flowers. I believe that embellishments are the icing on the cake.
Wouldn't you love to give your mother, friend or teacher a beautiful journal for a gift, then Primrose is for you. Enjoy
Peggy Lee

Supplies:
Primrose Printable Mini Book Kit
White card stock
chipboard
Distress inks and stain (walnut ink, vintage photo)
Prima flowers
vintage lace, buttons
twine
charms (7Gypsies, Tim Holtz)

6 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover