Wednesday, December 18, 2013

December Daily Days 10 - 12 by Tonya Gibbs

hi you guys just wanted to give you an update on my December Daily.   I have prepared days 10 -12 for you guys as promised.  I will be back on Friday with the rest of the days. 

In my video for Day 6 I indicated that I wasn't happy with the way the lettering turned out on the Christmas Tree transparency.  So I modified it slightly.  Here is an updated picture.


I used Prima small canvas letters instead with my new Wink of Stella Clear glitter pen from Zig.  I really think this looks cleaner than the handwritten title.

I had a few extra scraps on my desk so I decided to use a Jenny Bowlin punch to add to the pearl trim. I love how these little banners just added a little life to the accent. Small things can make a big difference. 

Day 10:
Prompt today:
  Use your phone apps to make your photos more interesting.


We took a trip to Disney World and most of the day was spent at work in the morning, then a road trip that afternoon.  So there really wasn't much to tell.  I decided to use one of the Journaling cards from the kit, and share a photo of a snowman ornament that I found at Downtown Disney. I also purchased the Rhonna Designs App for the Droid that day, so I played a little with the Snowman image in that app.  Oh btw - best photo editor app EVER!

 

Day 11
Prompt:  For days with extra photos make pocket pages, and fold outs.

 
 
Today, we went to the Magic Kingdom (LOVE me some Magic Kingdom)  Our trips are not all out races to get to rides, instead we float around and pay attention to the "details"  this page.  I wanted to document more than one photo, but I wanted the photos to be larger.  So I used two sheets of the patterned papers, and made a fold up.  On my card stock I used a Tim Holtz Sizzix Alterations Ornate On the Edge Die to create a pocket for additional photos.
 
Day 12:
Prompt:  Collect memorabilia or print facts from the Internet about interesting vacation sites.
 
 
This is a 16 foot Gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian Resort and Spa at Walt Disney World.  AMAZING artistry and details galore.   I grabbed a brochure and used it to document some of the facts from this amazing structure. 

 
Here is a video walk through of these pages...

Well, I'm half way through the month, and I'm really enjoying this project. It is a lot of work, but I think it will be worth  the time investment.  It isn't too late to jump in on the fun.   If you are just starting to follow us on this journey, you can catch up with the other days by clicking the links below:
 
Don't forget to share your December Journey with me on Facebook.  Please make sure you tag me in the post.
 
 
Thanks for stopping in today.
 
Tonya Gibbs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover