Thursday, June 13, 2013

I Love the UK Altered Frame // Altered Photo Tray

I have an obsession with the UK. I love the culture, atmosphere, and oh the accents make me swoon!! I just love the UK and I can't wait to go visit. I've been obsessed with the UK ever since I was a little girl and I wore my first beret...I bet I'm saying all the cliche' touristy things right now but I don't even care.

I wanted to commemorate my love of all things european with a home decor item. Something that I could look at everyday and just be inspired to make my dream of living in London come true.

I had this Photo Frame tray from 7 Gypsies. The portrait frames left lots of room to stack things up and that's just what I did.


I went more simple for this piece because my home decor is quite simple but I went bold with the color choices. Red, Black, White, Kraft, and Gold. Some of my favorite colors all wrapped up in one.


The patterned papers are all from Canvas Corp and they are such great patterned paper to work with because it's so thick it cuts like butter and it covered up the white background of the frame without having to be painted. All of the paper embellishments came from a couple different sheets of that wonderful Canvas Corp patterened paper that I simply cut out, matted and added with pop dots. Easy peasy.


I used a few die cuts from the silhouette america store that I sprayed and painted with Glimmer Mist & Glimmer Glam and Mr. Hueys. They were a bit of a challenge to handle because all the pieces were tiny. They were flying all over my scrap room when I was spraying them and again when I was drying them with my heat tool. Ha!!

All in All I have the perfect home decor item to commemorate my love of the UK!!

I'm in such the travel mode right now probably because I know my hubby and I want to expand our family soon. Where do you think we should go before the baby planning starts??  We really want to travel abroad.

What are your favorite international travel destinations?


Thanks for stopping by everyone and Happy Crafting.

Angela B. Carter
www.alwaysangella.com

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover