Friday, May 16, 2014

Masculine Cards with Tonya Gibbs

Father's Day will be here before you know it!   I know everyone struggles with masculine cards, so today I'm going to show you two versions of card from one sketch.  



I found this sketch on Pinterest from PageMaps.com  it seemed so simple, and I thought it would make a nice "any" occasion simple flat card that could be mailed to anyone.  Change up the colors to feminine and it would be a great design for a woman as well.   I really love simple versatile sketches. 

 
 
So I thought I would make two of these cards. The first is with some scraps left over from a DCWV Tattered Time paper stack.  The gears are super masculine, and if you didn't want to leave the card flat, you could add a few metal gears in a cluster above the sentiment.
 
 
On this version I used only Washi Tape, kept the tapes black and white, then stamped the sentiment  in red so it would pop. 

 
 
I hope this inspires you to create a masculine card.  If so, please share your card designs with us on the Artsy Addicts Facebook page.
 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
Tonya Gibbs
 
 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover