Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Gadget Addict Review | Skitch App

Hi everyone. My name is Angela and I'm a Gadget Addict. (Insert chorus of "Hi, Angela" here.) There I said it and I feel so much better.

I'm one of those people you see who is glued to her phone, walks around with my iPhone and my iPod because they are so very different, and always wants the latest and greatest in technology. (Emphasis on the wanting but not necessarily buying....Hey, I'm a teacher!) Being the proud techy geek that I am I have found awesome technological advances that have helped me in my crafting journey.

Usually when I start crafting I go in blind. What I mean by that is I don't normally have a plan in mind. I just go in and do what feels good at the moment. 90% of the time I complete most of my projects this way. Sometimes when I go in blind I hit a speed bump. My indecisiveness rears it's massive, ugly compulsive head and I can't decide what I want to do with a project. I get about 60% of the way through a project and then I get stuck.

One way I've found to get unstuck over the hump is a great app from the makers of Evernote. Evernote is a great app that I use for chronicling things I find on the net. I'm an avid internet researcher, just like everyone else I'm sure but I would often not know how to chronicle the things I found away to find for another day. Evernote, and all their other products offer great solutions to internet organization issues.

While researching Evernote capabilities I came across an app called Skitch.

Here is a screenshot of what the app looks like on my iPad. I used the Skitch app to add the drawing, arrow, and text to this screen shot from my iPad.

 
 
Here's what the app looks like when you first open it.


As you can see you can draw on photos, you can take a screenshot of your ipad, a website, a map, or you can start from scratch with a blank page.

The three icons on the bottom are the photos that I've skitched (or photos I've drawn on.) One of the nicer things about this app is you can always go back and edit the photos after you've saved your original skitch. Just in case you may want to go back later and make changes.

I've been using this app recently with my Cottage Chic album. Here's a little preview of a few of my skitches.

When I get stuck on a project and I need to come up with a plan I take a picture of my project (with my iphone of course.) My iphone syncs pictures to my ipad and I load the picture from my ipad into the skitch app where I then start playing around with different sketches and ideas on how to complete the project.
 
 

 
Here is the cover of the album filled with my new Washi Tapes and embossing. I'm still working out the title and focal image. Here I used the skitch app to plan out a Title and draw a few stick figures to represent either a stamped image or an actual photo. Haven't made that decision yet.
 
 

Here is one of the inside pages where I'm trying to work out the embellishment around the image and a sentiment. I'm thinking of tucking something behind the photo. Maybe a pinking circle to add some embellishment and a little banner at the bottom to add a sentiment. "Swoon" comes to mind when I remember this moment from my wedding day.

Love the fact that with the "Skitch App" I can move things around and not have to commit something until I feel it's right.

If you happen to be like me the Skitch app is a great tool to use to plan, brainstorm, or try things out before making that commitment. The app is available on Apple and Android products.

Happy planning and crafting everyone.

Angee Lee Carter

 

1 comment:

  1. GENIUS! I love how this app gives you the ability to evaluate your thoughts. I MUST HAVE IT! Oh and BTW - Your photo is stunning. You look so happy!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover