Monday, June 18, 2012

"Be Free" Mixed Media Canvas

Where do I begin, June is a busy month with school ending events, graduations, parties, father's day, birthdays. Wow busy is an understatement-so with all that said I did squeeze some time in to create my first "She Art" mixed media canvas inspired by Christy Campbell Tomlinson.

When I mean inspired I mean this girl knocks my socks off with her creative spirit and beautiful heart. If you haven't checked out her blog I would highly recommend it. With what I have learned by watching Christy and Marion Smith my mind is exploding with creative ideas. I am new to mixed media, and let me tell you I love it...it's so freeing. I was having a down day and decided to try splatting paint, stamping with inks, rub- ons here and there...gluing scraps of paper-you can get so lost in the creative process.
Texture is the key in mixed media and a real joy to create, love the splashes of paints, script stamps and pen scratches.... see the picture below of the close up of the gesso and blue-green texture well that is a mistake turned into a WOW moment...see on the dress after I painted over the brown paper, it needed more textured so I glued on glitter then scrapped it off-wasn't going to waste it so I started scratching it on here and there...really cool effect!


To get started:
-canvas
-paints of your choice
-paint brushes (your fingers)
-gesso, glue
-stencils
-stamps, inks, pens
-just have fun

It's all about creating from your heart.
Peggy Lee
/http:pegbaker.blogspot.com/
Supplies:
6x6 canvas
gesso
decoupage
scraps of paper
paints (folk art, Claudine Hellmuth studio, Ranger Adirondack paint)
inks (archival black in by Ranger)
stamps (script-Close To My Heart)
flower- Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die cut
stencils
vintage lace and buttons
Rub-Ons
glitter
Print out of butterfly (transfered)
just had fun......


5 comments:

  1. honestly peggy, this is just beyond gorgeous.  the amount of detail on here is scrumptious.  i love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is gorgeous & all that texture even around the sides of the canvas. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic! Looks like a lot of fun. Yep and I totally understand busy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely awesome. Far and above one of the best examples I have seen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover