Friday, December 7, 2012

Grand Mini Album

 
I am having so much fun playing with Marion Smith's Grand Mini Album Printable.  A few weeks ago I shared a layout that I created. Today I would like to share a mini album.   Here is the link to the  Grand Mini Album collection for you to download.
 
 
 
For the cover I decided to keep the design simple. This journal is being given to one of my interns at work. She is going to Italy to finish up her degree in a few months. I thought this would make a perfect travel journal, so I didn't want a lot of things on the cover that would get in the way. The cover has a jewel from Fab Scraps in the center of the bow and some of Marion's Vintage Trinkets are dangling down the ribbon.  The ribbon and jewels can be removed and replaced once the book is complete. I also included a Tim Holtz word plate that says "Enjoy the Journey".  
 
Below I wanted to share of few of the pages that I decorated.   

In this photo I wanted to share that I used a Grand Nestability die to cut some edged pages.  This gives interest, and they make great pocket pages if you want to break up some of the lined pages.
 

 
I included several pocket pages in the book, so that she may tuck memorabilia in them. I also incorporated some of the envelopes from Marion's other collections.  Garett's Tranes, Planes, and Automobile collection works great with this theme and printable.


 
 
This is one of my favorite spreads.  I love the Polaroid and banner that I cut from scraps. The frame is left open for her to add a picture. There is plenty of journal pages for her to document her journey.
 


 
This is a pocket that was an add on to the kit.  I had this butterfly die cut that someone had sent me, and it fit perfect on the page.  I used my Tim Holtz file folder on the edge die to give the note card interest.   Then finished off the page with a few Prima flowers, and a butterfly.
 
Here is a video giving detailed page by page descriptions and views.
 
 


 
I can't wait for her to return home and show me the finished mini. 
 
Thanks for stopping in today,
 
Tonya Gibbs
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. WOW Tonya I soooooo love your travel book...you are amazing with Marion's digitals..aren't they so fun to create with..I really love everything you did so love the different shape pages-thanks for sharing that with us...it shows how to create with the 8.5x11 pages in different ways..hugs girl
    Peggy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Tonya, and what a great theme to compliment these papers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Pin It button on image hover